His publicity in CsH
9/13/2001: The wireless networks become fashionable
The standard 802.11b (AirPort in the Apple version) has been designed to create wireless networks of any type, be already particular or professional, but these networks are turning into the whole phenomenon in some cities due to his possibilities, beyond the awaited ones, allowing the continuous connection Internet from any place (yes, exactly, we might get connected to Internet from the opposite house park).
Explained superficially, the "civil" wireless networks are created from points of access that give a scope of up to 300 meters (without obstacles), therefore many persons place these access points out of his houses or in the window. Also these individuals are connected to Internet (normally by means of cable or DSL), by what the wireless network is connected also, so that anyone that is provided with a card of wireless network can get connected to the access point and, consequently, to Internet. All this in principle, realized by individuals free!!
Also, the perifícos manufacturers 802.11b are lowering the price of the components. ELSA has announced a strong descent of prices (of 23 %) in all his products for wireless networks. The prices will be the following ones:
- ELSA LANCOM Wireless L-11, access point for IEEE 802.11b, for 485 euros
- LANCOM Wireless IL-11, point of access for IEEE802.11b with adapter for RDSI, for 572 euros
(the access points serve to connect wireless networks to normal networks; nevertheless, we can mount a network only with the wireless cards)
- AirLancer MC-11 wireless network card, card for portable, for 158 euros
- AirLancer PCI-11 wireless network card, for the connection to a slot PCI, for 220 euros
- AirLancer USB-11 wireless network adapter, for the connection by means of USB, for 198 euros
Also we can be provided with auxiliary antennas to improve the communication.
More information in:
The wireless networks of high speed come
News written for: Miquel Tarazona