To install a motherboard
The mechanical part
Let's see now the physical part of the installation of the motherboard:
1. - After following the advices explained in Essentials of the update regarding the electricity, light, etc., observes if the box allows to separate the panel on which the motherboard must be screwed; if it is like that, extract it. Fact this (or also if it are not possible to separate), install several anchoring screws in the panel of the box; there will be enough three or four of these screws (generally of hexagonal profile). Make them coincide with the holes of the motherboard, skylight... and assure them with certain force, using a monkey wrench or pliers if it is necessary.
2. - Install in the box the sheet that protects the external connectors of the motherboard. Normally the box and/or the motherboard will include several, for diverse connectors designs: with or without integrated video, with or without integrated sound, etc. In many cases there will be pre-perforated some areas of sheet that it will have to withdraw to lodge the connectors.
3. - Leave for the time being the box; cripple the badge and install the microprocessor and the memory RAM in his corresponding sockets. The fan of the microprocessor does not forget for any model of 75 ó any more MHz. For more information about this, pulsate here for the mike or here for the memory.
4. - Form all the jumpers and switches DIP: those that they affect to the mike (speed, multiplier, model...) and any others that it should form according to the manual of the badge. Fortunately, at present many badges are jumperless (that is to say, that autoform the mike without jumpers, and even without intervention of the user), but read attentively the manual just in case.
5. - Seguidamente, screws the motherboard to the panel of the box (normally using screws with head "of star" o "Philips"). If you have them, try to install the plastic dividers, in addition to using washers of pasteboard or plastic as isolation and protection in three or four anchoring screws.
Do not pass on having pressed these screws, the material of the badge is much more fragile than it seems. It is a question only of the badge neither coming undone nor vibrating, not of crossing it...